ZoneAlarm multiple products buffer overflow
|zonelabs-multiple-products-bo (14991)||High Risk|
Multiple Zone Labs products are vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by a vulnerability in Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) processing. If a protected system has the SMTP service enabled, a remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and cause the firewall to stop responding or execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM privileges.
For ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Plus, and ZoneAlarm Pro:
Upgrade to the latest version pf ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Plus, or ZoneAlarm Pro (4.5.538.001 or later), available from the Zone Labs Web site. See References.
or Integrity 4.0:
Upgrade to the latest version of Integrity (4.0.146.046 or later), available from the Zone Labs Web site. See References.
For Integrity 4.5:
Upgrade to the latest version of Integrity (4.5.085 or later), available from the Zone Labs Web site. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin O-084: Zone Labs SMTP Processing Vulnerability.
- Zone Labs Security Advisory February 18, 2004: Zone Labs SMTP Processing Vulnerability.
- BID-9696: Zone Labs ZoneAlarm SMTP Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0309: Stack-based buffer overflow in the SMTP service support in vsmon.exe in Zone Labs ZoneAlarm before 4.5.538.001, ZoneLabs Integrity client 4.0 before 4.0.146.046, and 4.5 before 4.5.085, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long RCPT TO argument.
- OSVDB ID: 3991: ZoneAlarm SMTP Service (vsmon.exe) RCPT TO Command Remote Overflow
- US-CERT VU#619982: Zone Labs desktop security products fail to properly validate RCPT TO command argument
- CheckPoint ZoneAlarm 4.0
- CheckPoint ZoneAlarm 4.0 Pro
- CheckPoint ZoneAlarm 4.5 Pro
- ZoneLabs Integrity 4.0
- ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm 4.0 Plus
Feb 18, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this