Apple Mac OS X configd file manipulation
|macosx-configd-file-manipulation (14997)||Medium Risk|
The SystemConfiguration subsystem in Mac OS X and Server are vulnerable to remote modifications. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to make changes to network settings by accessing the configd file to alter the settings.
Apply Apple Security Update 2004-01-26, available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: Apple security updates (03-Oct-2003 to 11-Jan-2005).
- BID-9504: Multiple Apple Mac OS X Operating System Component Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0087: The System Configuration subsystem in Mac OS 10.2.8 and 10.3.2 allows local users to modify network settings, a different vulnerability than CVE-2004-0088.
- OSVDB ID: 6819: Apple Mac OS X System Configuration Arbitrary Network Modification
- Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.2.8
Jan 27, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this