Overkill client has multiple buffer overflows
|overkill-client-multiple-bo (14999)||High Risk|
Overkill is vulnerable to buffer overflows, caused by improper bounds checking in the load_cfg function, the save_cfg function, and possibly the send_message function. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun Feb 01 2004 - 19:10:02 CST: [Full-Disclosure] 0verkill - little simple vulnerability..
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, SecurityNews 2 Feb 2004: 0verkill Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
- BID-9550: 0verkill Game Client Multiple Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0238: Multiple buffer overflows in Overkill (0verkill) 0.15pre3 might allow local users to execute arbitrary code in the client via a long HOME environment variable in the (1) load_cfg and (2) save_cfg functions; possibly allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long strings to (3) the send_message function; and, in the server, via (4) the parse_command_line function.
- OSVDB ID: 6928: Overkill client.c Multiple Function Overflows
- Overkill Overkill 0.15pre3 and prior
Feb 01, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this