SurgeFTP Web interface denial of service
|surgeftp-web-interface-dos (15001)||Medium Risk|
NetWin SurgeFTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in the administrative Web interface. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted request to the Web interface (default port 7021 TCP) twice to cause the FTP service to crash temporarily.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BID-9554: SurgeFTP Surgeftpmgr.CGI Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2318: The administrative interface (surgeftpmgr.cgi) for SurgeFTP Server 1.0b through 2.2k1 allows remote attackers to cause a temporary denial of service (crash) via requests with two percent (%) signs in the CMD parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3788: NetWin SurgeFTP Web Interface URL Decoding DoS
- SA10758: SurgeFTP Web Interface URL Decoding Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1008898: SurgeFTP Server `surgeftpmgr.cgi` Bug Lets Remote Users Crash the Service
- NetWin SurgeFTP Server 2.2k1
Feb 02, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this