ChatterBox denial of service
|chatterbox-dos (15011)||Medium Risk|
ChatterBox is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted request to the server to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jan 30 2004 - 07:44:09 CST : Denial Of Service in ChatterBox 2.0.
- ChatterBox Web site: Burton's Web page.
- BID-9532: ChatterBox Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2342: ChatterBox 2.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (server crash) via a malformed request to the server, as demonstrated using aaaaaa.
- OSVDB ID: 37979: Panda Antivirus EXE File Handling Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 3798: ChatterBox Invalid Request Handling DoS
- SA10775: ChatterBox Invalid Request Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Burton Sang ChatterBox 2.0
Jan 30, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this