Gbook message HTML injection
|gbook-message-html-injection (15027)||Medium Risk|
Gbook module for PHP-Nuke is vulnerable to HTML injection. A remote attacker could post a message that contains malicious script embedded within the $_COOKIE array or IMG tags in multiple fields, such as the name, email, city, and message fields, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the message is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 02 2004 - 15:31:43 CST : [waraxe-2004-SA#001] - Script injection in GBook for Php-Nuke ver. 1.0.
- BID-9559: PHP-Nuke GBook Module HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2351: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in GBook for Php-Nuke 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via multiple parameters, including (1) name, (2) email, (3) city, and (4) message, which do not use the <script> and <style> tags, which are filtered by PHP-Nuke.
- CVE-2004-2352: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in GBook for PHP-Nuke 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via cookies that are stored in the $_COOKIE PHP variable, which is not cleansed by PHP-Nuke.
- OSVDB ID: 19858: GBook for PHP-Nuke Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 19859: GBook for PHP-Nuke $_COOKIE PHP Parameter XSS
- SECTRACK ID: 1008930: GBook Input Validation Flaws Let Remote Users Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Martin Bauer GBook 1.0
Feb 02, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this