BugPort sensitive information exposure
|bugport-obtain-information (15030)||Medium Risk|
BugPort could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The conf/config.conf file is remotely accessible which could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of BugPort (1.099 or later) available from the BugPort Web page. See References.
- BugPort Web page: Incogen BugPort Web page.
- BID-9542: BugPort Unauthorized Configuration File Viewing Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2353: BugPort before 1.099 stores its configuration file (conf/config.conf) under the web document root with a file extension that is not normally parsed by web servers, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information.
- OSVDB ID: 3802: BugPort config.conf Information Disclosure
- SA10785: BugPort Sensitive Information Exposure
- INCOGEN BugPort prior to 1.099
Jan 30, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this