Chaser memory denial of service
|chaser-memory-dos (15031)||Medium Risk|
Chaser is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted packet to the game server causing the program to read unallocated memory resulting in a system crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 03 2004 - 15:22:51 CST : Remote crash of Chaser game <= 1.50.
- Chaser Web site: CHASER - JoWoodD Productions Software AG.
- BID-9567: Cauldron Chaser Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0247: The client and server of Chaser 1.50 and earlier allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash via exception) via a UDP packet with a length field that is greater than the actual data length, which causes Chaser to read unexpected memory.
- OSVDB ID: 6612: Chaser Client/Server UDP Packet DoS
- Cauldron Chaser 1.50 and prior
Feb 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this