Linley`s Dungeon Crawl long environment variable buffer overflow
|crawl-long-environment-bo (15032)||High Risk|
Linley's Dungeon Crawl is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By supplying a long environment variable, a local attacker could gain elevated privileges, and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system with group 'games' privileges.
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Refer to DSA-432-1 for upgrade information. See References.
- BID-9566: Linley Henzell Dungeon Crawl Unspecified Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0103: crawl before 4.0.0 beta23 does not properly apply a size check when copying a certain environment variable, which may allow local users to gain privileges, possibly as a result of a buffer overflow.
- DSA-432: crawl -- buffer overflow
- OSVDB ID: 3818: Linleys Dungeon Crawl Environment Variable Handling Overflows
- SA10788: Linley`s Dungeon Crawl Environment Variable Handling Buffer Overflows
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Linley Henzell Crawl prior to 4.0.0 b23
Feb 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this