X-Cart perl_binary variable command execution
|xcart-perlbinary-execute-commands (15034)||High Risk|
X-Cart could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the perl_binary variable. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing commands in the perl_binary variable of multiple scripts, including the upgrade.php script and the general.php script, which would allow the attacker to execute commands on the system with privileges of the Web server.
Apply the appropriate patches for your system, available from the X-Cart Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 05 2004 - 00:33:17 CST: Re: X-Cart vulnerability.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 03 2004 - 03:19:37 CST : X-Cart vulnerability.
- X-Cart Web site: Shopping Cart Software and Ecommerce Solutions: X-CART.
- BID-9560: Qualiteam X-Cart Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0241: X-Cart 3.4.3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via the perl_binary argument in (1) upgrade.php or (2) general.php.
- OSVDB ID: 3808: X-Cart general.php perl_binary Parameter Arbitrary Command Execution
- OSVDB ID: 3809: X-Cart upgrade.php perl_binary Parameter Arbitrary Command Execution
- Qualiteam X-Cart 3.4.3
Feb 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this