RealOne Player multiple file buffer overflows
|realoneplayer-multiple-file-bo (15040)||High Risk|
RealNetworks' RealPlayer is vulnerable to stack-based and heap-based buffer overflows. By creating a specially-crafted .RP, .RT, .RAM, .RMP or .SMIL file containing malicious code, a remote attacker could overflow the buffer and execute code on the victim's system, once the file is opened. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a malicious Web page or by sending a victim a malicious email.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in the RealNetworks, Inc. Releases dated Updated February 4, 2004. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin O-075: RealPlayer / RealOne Player Buffer Overrun Vulnerabilities.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR04022004a: RealPlayer & RealOne Player Buffer Overruns.
- RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update Updated February 4, 2004: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities..
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Wed Feb 04 2004 - 16:22:05 CST : Multiple File Format Vulnerabilities (Overruns) in REALOne & RealPlayer.
- BID-9579: Multiple RealPlayer/RealOne Player Supported File Type Buffer Overrun Vulnerabilities
- BID-9580: RealPlayer/RealOne Player RMP Skin File Handler Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0258: Multiple buffer overflows in RealOne Player, RealOne Player 2.0, RealOne Enterprise Desktop, and RealPlayer Enterprise allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via malformed (1) .RP, (2) .RT, (3) .RAM, (4) .RPM or (5) .SMIL files.
- OSVDB ID: 3827: RealOne/RealPlayer RMP Code Execution
- US-CERT VU#473814: Multiple Real media players vulnerable to buffer overflow when parsing crafted media files
- Real RealONE Desktop Manager
- Real RealONE Enterprise Desktop 188.8.131.524
- Real RealONE Player 1
- Real RealONE Player 2
- Real RealONE Player 2_build_184.108.40.2068
- Real RealONE Player 2_build_220.127.116.110
- Real RealONE Player 2_build_18.104.22.1681
- Real RealONE Player 2_build_22.214.171.1243
- Real RealONE Player 2_build_126.96.36.1998
- Real RealPlayer 10 Beta
- Real RealPlayer 8.0 Mac OS
- Real RealPlayer 8.0 Unix
- Real RealPlayer 8.0 Win32
Feb 04, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this