GNU Radius rad_print_request denial of service
|radius-radprintrequest-dos (15046)||Medium Risk|
GNU Radius (Remote Authentication Dial In User Service) is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a vulnerability in the rad_print_request function of the lib/logger.c file. By sending a specially-crafted UDP packet that contains only an Acct-Status-Type attribute, a remote attacker could cause the Radius daemon (radiusd) to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of GNU Radius (1.2 or later), available from the GNU Radius Web page. See References.
- GNU Radius Web page: Radius.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 02.04.04: GNU Radius Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability.
- BID-9578: GNU Radius Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0131: The rad_print_request function in logger.c for GNU Radius daemon (radiusd) before 1.2 allows remote atackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a UDP packet with an Acct-Status-Type attribute without a value and no Acct-Session-Id attribute, which causes a null dereference.
- OSVDB ID: 3824: GNU Radius rad_print_request DoS
- SA10799: GNU Radius Denial of Service Vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#277396: GNU Radius accounting service fails to properly handle exceptional Acct-Status-Type and Acct-Session-Id attributes
- Digital OSF/1
- GNU Radius 1.1
Feb 04, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this