TYPSoft FTP Server empty username denial of service
|typsoft-empty-username-dos (15048)||Medium Risk|
TYPSoft FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker could supply an empty username to consume all available CPU resources and cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 2004.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 04 2004 - 05:50:22 CST: TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10 may be crashed.
- BID-9573: TYPSoft FTP Server Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- BID-9702: TYPSoft FTP Server Remote CPU Consumption Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0252: TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via an empty USER name.
- OSVDB ID: 6613: TYPSoft FTP Server Empty Username DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1008943: TYPSoft FTP Server Can Be Crashed During Login With Empty USER Value
- TYPSoft TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10
Feb 04, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this