PHPX could allow an attacker to modify cookie to hijack another user`s account
|phpx-cookie-account-hijacking (15052)||Medium Risk|
PHPX could allow a remote attacker to modify the value of the PXL parameter in their own cookie to that of another user's, including possibly an administrator, to gain unauthorized access to that user's account.
Upgrade to the latest version of PHPX (3.2.4 or later), available from the PHPX Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 03 2004 - 16:29:10 CST: Multiple Vulnerabilities in PHPX.
- PHPX Web site: PHPX - Welcome to PHPX.
- BID-9569: PHPX Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-957: Microsoft Java Virtual Machine getSystemResource Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0249: PHPX 2.0 through 3.2.4 allows remote attackers to gain access to other accounts by modifying the cookie's PXL variable to reference another userID.
- OSVDB ID: 15661: PHPX Cookie PXL Value Modification Account Hijacking
- SA10797: PHPX Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Ryan Meinzer PHPX 3.2.3
Feb 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this