Xlight ftp server long string denial of service
|xlight-long-string-dos (15064)||Medium Risk|
Xlight ftp server is vulnerable to a denial of service. If the enable log to screen option is enabled, a remote attacker, who is authenticated, can send a long string to the server to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 5 2004 - 12:14:23 CST: Remote crash Xlight ftp server 1.52.
- Xlight ftp server Web site: Xlight FTP server - Fast, easy and secure FTP server for Windows.
- BID-9585: XLight FTP Server Long Directory Request Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0255: Xlight 1.52, with log to screen enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service by requesting a long directory consisting of . (dot) and / (slash) characters, which causes the server to crash when the administrator views the log file, possibly triggering a buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 6614: Xlight FTP Server Log to Screen Long Directory Overflow DoS
- Xlight FTP server Xlight FTP server 1.52
Feb 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this