Apache-SSL has a default password
|apachessl-default-password (15065)||Medium Risk|
Apache-SSL contains a default password. If Apache-SSL is configured with the SSLFakeBasicAuth directive, which uses the one-line certificate name to simulate user logons and the certificate verification type for client authentication, set by the SSLVerifyClient directive, is '1' or '3', a remote attacker could send a certificate with a valid one-line certificate name and use the default password to gain unauthorized access to the server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Apache-SSL (1.3.29+1.53 or later), available from the Apache-SSL Web site. See References.
- Apache-SSL Web site: Apache-SSL.
- Apache-SSL Web site: Apache-SSL - Deutsche Version.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Feb 06 2004 - 06:05:24 CST : Apache-SSL security advisory - apache_1.3.28+ssl_1.52 and prior.
- BID-9590: Apache-SSL Client Certificate Forging Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0009: Apache-SSL 1.3.28+1.52 and earlier, with SSLVerifyClient set to 1 or 3 and SSLFakeBasicAuth enabled, allows remote attackers to forge a client certificate by using basic authentication with the one-line DN of the target user.
- OSVDB ID: 3877: Apache-SSL SSLVerifyClient SSLFakeBasicAuth Client Certificate Forgery
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.3.28_1.52
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.3.28_1.52 and prior
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.40
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.41
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.42
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.44
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.45
- Apache Apache-SSL 1.46
Feb 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this