Discuz! Board image tag cross-site scripting
|discuzboard-image-tag-xss (15066)||Medium Risk|
Discuz! Board is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker can post a message that contains malicious code within IMG (image) HTML tags, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser, once the image is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to obtain a user's cookie-based authentication credentials or perform other malicious activity.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 5 2004 - 1:38:14 CMT: Possible Cross Site Scripting in Discuz! Board.
- Discuz! Board Web site: Discuz! Board Home.
- BID-9584: Crossday Discuz! Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0254: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Discuz! Board 2.x and 3.x allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script as other users via an img tag.
- OSVDB ID: 3871: Discuz! Board Message IMG Tag XSS
- Discuz! Discuz! Board 2.x
- Discuz! Discuz! Board 3.x
Feb 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this