Dream FTP Server username format string
|dreamftp-username-format-string (15070)||Low Risk|
Dream FTP Server is vulnerable to a format string attack. A remote attacker could login with a username containing malicious format string values to cause the FTP server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- SP Research Labs Advisory x09: DreamFTP Server 1.02 Format String.
- BID-9600: BolinTech Dream FTP Server User Name Format String Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0277: Format string vulnerability in Dream FTP 1.02 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via format string specifiers in the username.
- OSVDB ID: 4986: BolinTech DreamFTP Server username Remote Format String
- BolinTech Dream FTP Server 1.02
Feb 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this