Sambar Server HTTP POST request buffer overflow
|sambar-http-post-bo (15071)||High Risk|
Sambar Server is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow in the results.stm script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP POST request to the vulnerable server, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash or possibly execute arbitrary code on the server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Sambar Server (6.0.1 or later), available from the Sambar Technologies Web site. See References.
- Vuln-Dev Mailing List, Fri Feb 06 2004 - 19:35:30 CST: Sambar 6.0 stack overflow.
- BID-9607: Sambar Server Results.STM Post Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2086: Stack-based buffer overflow in results.stm for Sambar Server before the 6.0 production release allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via an HTTP POST request with a long query parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 5786: Sambar Server results.stm Overflow
- SECTRACK ID: 1008979: Sambar Server `results.stm` POST Request Buffer Overflow May Permit Remote Code Execution
- Sambar Sambar Server 6.0
Feb 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this