Matrix FTP Server login and issue FTP LIST denial of service
|matrixftp-login-list-dos (15075)||Medium Risk|
Matrix FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker could login with a username containing four spaces and a password containing four spaces. The attacker can then enter the FTP LIST command to cause the FTP service to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Matrix Servers Web site: Matrix Dedicated Servers.
- CVE-2004-2089: Matrix FTP Server allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) by logging in using four spaces as the username and password and then issuing a LIST command.
- OSVDB ID: 18943: Matrix FTP Server Crafted Authentication LIST Command Remote DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1008970: Matrix FTP Server Can Be Crashed By Remote Users
- Matrix Servers Matrix FTP Server
Feb 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this