Microsoft Internet Explorer vb script reports different errors to obtain information
|ie-error-obtain-information (15078)||Medium Risk|
A vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Explorer could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. A Visual Basic script reports different errors, based on the existence of a file in a form. A remote attacker could monitor the returned error code to determine if the requested files or programs reside on the victim's computer. An attacker can use this information to launch further attacks against the victim.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BID-9611: Microsoft Internet Explorer LoadPicture File Enumeration Weakness
- CVE-2004-2090: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0.1 through 6.0 allows remote attackers to determine the existence of arbitrary files via the VBScript LoadPicture method, which returns an error code if the file does not exist.
- OSVDB ID: 3879: Microsoft IE File Identification Variant
- SA10820: Internet Explorer File Identification Variant
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
Feb 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this