PHP-Nuke public message feature SQL injection
|phpnuke-publicmessage-sql-injection (15080)||Medium Risk|
PHP-Nuke is vulnerable to SQL injection, caused by a vulnerability in the public message feature. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by passing malicious SQL commands to the public _message function of the mainfile.php script using the $p_msg variable, which would allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information, including the administrative username and MD5 password hash, to add, modify or delete information in the backend database.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Feb 08 2004 - 14:15:31 CST: SQL injection in Php-Nuke 7.1.0.
- PHP-Nuke Web site: PHP-Nuke.
- BID-9615: PHP-Nuke Public Message SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0266: SQL injection vulnerability in the public message capability (public_message) for Php-Nuke 6.x to 7.1.0 allows remote attackers obtain the administrator password via the c_mid parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3901: PHP-Nuke mainfile.php c_mid Parameter SQL Injection
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.0
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5 beta1
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5 rc2
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5 rc1
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5 rc3
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5 Final
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.5
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.6
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.7
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 6.9
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 7.0 Final
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 7.0
- PHPNuke PHP-Nuke 7.1
Feb 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this