Eggdrop share.mod module allows unauthorized access
|eggdrop-sharemod-gain-access (15084)||Medium Risk|
Eggdrop could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable botnet, caused by a vulnerability in the share.mod module.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Feb 08 2004 - 10:26:12 CST : Eggrop bug.
- Egghead Web site: Eggheads.org - Main Index.
- BID-9606: Eggdrop Share Module Arbitrary Share Bot Add Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0274: Share.mod in Eggheads Eggdrop IRC bot 1.6.10 through 1.6.15 can mistakenly assign STAT_OFFERED status to a bot that is not a sharebot, which allows remote attackers to use STAT_OFFERED to promote a bot to a sharebot and conduct unauthorized activities.
- OSVDB ID: 3928: Eggdrop share.mod Module Botnet Control
- EggHEADS.org Eggdrop 1.6.x - 1.6.15
Feb 08, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this