JShop Server search.php cross-site scripting
|jshop-searchphp-xss (15100)||Medium Risk|
JShop Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a malicious URL link to the search.php script containing embedded code in the xSearch parameter, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
The vendor has reportedly fixed this vulnerability. Contact JShop E-Commerce for more information. See References.
- JShop E-Commerce: JShop E-Commerce: Support.
- SystemSecure.org Advisory 09022004: JShop E-Commerce.
- BID-9609: JShop E-Commerce Suite xSearch Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2084: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search.php in JShop E-Commerce Server allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the xSearch parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3889: JShop Server xSearch XSS
- SA10825: JShop Server Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1008988: JShop Input Validation Hole in `search.php` Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- JShop E-Commerce JShop Server prior to 1.2.0
Feb 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this