eTrust InoculateIT for Linux symlink
|etrust-inoculateit-symlink (15102)||Medium Risk|
Computer Associates' eTrust InoculateIT (formerly InoculateIT), when running on Linux platforms, could allow a local attacker to launch a symlink attack. The finoregupdate, uniftest, and unimovecreates scripts create insecure temporary files. A local attacker could create a symbolic link for a file in /tmp to an arbitrary file on the system, which could allow the attacker to view, create or overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 09 2004 - 11:09:55 CST : eTrust Virus Protection 6.0 InoculateIT for linux.
- BID-9616: Computer Associates eTrust InoculateIT For Linux Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0267: The (1) inoregupdate, (2) uniftest, or (3) unimove scripts in eTrust InoculateIT for Linux 6.0 allow local users to overwrite arbitrary files via a symlink attack on files in /tmp.
- OSVDB ID: 4735: InoculateIT Linux finoregupdate Script /tmp Symlink
- OSVDB ID: 4855: InoculateIT Linux unimovecreates Script /tmp Symlink
- OSVDB ID: 4856: InoculateIT Linux uniftest Script /tmp Symlink
- SA10833: eTrust InoculateIT for Linux Insecure Default Installation
- CA InoculateIT 6.0
Feb 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this