EvolutionX command line denial of service
|evolutionx-command-line-dos (15104)||Medium Risk|
EvolutionX is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker could issue the cd or dir FTP command followed by a long string, or supply a long string in the command line, to cause EvolutionX to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Feb 09 2004 - 21:47:33 CST: XBOX EvolutionX ftp 'cd' command and telnet 'dir' buffer overflow.
- BID-9631: EvolutionX Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0268: Multiple buffer overflows in EvolutionX 3921 and 3935 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (hang) via (1) a long cd command to the FTP server, or (2) a long dir command to the telnet server.
- OSVDB ID: 3897: EvolutionX FTP Server cd Command DoS
- OSVDB ID: 3924: EvolutionX Telnet Command-Line dir DoS
- Evox EvolutionX 3921
- Evox EvolutionX 3935
Feb 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this