MaxWebPortal register form cross-site scripting
|maxwebportal-register-xss (15122)||Medium Risk|
MaxWebPortal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by a vulnerability in the register form. A remote attacker could supply malicious code to the image name of an Avatar in the register form, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the user visits the page where the user's Avatar image should be displayed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of MaxWebPortal (1.32 or later), available from the MaxWebPortal Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:55:49 CST : XSS, Sql Injection and Avatar ScriptCode Injection in MaxWebPortal.
- MaxWebPortal Web site: MaxWebPortal | Home.
- BID-9625: MaxWebPortal Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0271: Multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities (XSS) in MaxWebPortal allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script as other users via (1) the sub_name parameter of dl_showall.asp, (2) the SendTo parameter in Personal Messages, (3) the HTTP_REFERER for down.asp, or (4) the image name of an Avatar in the register form.
- OSVDB ID: 15225: MaxWebPortal Personal Message SendTo Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 3907: MaxWebPortal register Avatar File Name XSS
- OSVDB ID: 3909: MaxWebPortal down.asp HTTP_REFERER XSS
- OSVDB ID: 3910: MaxWebPortal dl_showall.asp sub_name Parameter XSS
- MaxWebPortal MaxWebPortal prior to 1.32
Feb 10, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this