SandSurfer user authentication unauthorized access
|sandsurfer-gain-access (15193)||High Risk|
SandSurfer contains a vulnerability in the user authentication. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized access to SandSurfer.
Upgrade to the latest version of SandSurfer ( 1.7.0 or later), available from the freshmeat.net Web page. See References.
- Freshmeat.net Web site: freshmeat.net: Project details for SandSurfer.
- BID-9647: SandSurfer Unspecified User Authentication Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2087: Unknown vulnerability in SandSurfer before 1.7.0 allows remote attackers to gain access as a logged-in user.
- OSVDB ID: 3922: SandSurfer Unspecified User Authentication Bypass
- SA10829: SandSurfer Unspecified User Authentication Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1009110: SandSurfer Authentication Flaw Lets Remote Users Hijack User Sessions
- James A. Pattie SandSurfer prior to 1.7.0
Feb 12, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this