mnoGoSearch UdmDocToTextBuf function buffer overflow
|mnogosearch-udmdoctotextbuf-bo (15209)||High Risk|
mnoGoSearch is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking. By passing a document with sections over 10K in size, including the body section, the title section, the meta.keywords section or the meta.description section to the UdmDocToTextBuf function, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun Feb 15 2004 - 08:12:11 CST : Buffer overflow in mnoGoSearch.
- BID-9667: mnoGoSearch UdmDocToTextBuf Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0288: Buffer overflow in the UdmDocToTextBuf function in mnoGoSearch 3.2.13 through 3.2.15 could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by indexing a large document.
- OSVDB ID: 3962: mnoGoSearch UdmDocToTextBuf() Function Overflow
- Lavtech mnoGoSearch 3.1.13
- Lavtech mnoGoSearch 3.1.14
- Lavtech mnoGoSearch 3.1.15
Feb 15, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this