Purge and Purge Jihad battle type and map name buffer overflow
|purge-battletype-map-bo (15216)||High Risk|
Purge and Purge Jihad are vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking. By supplying long values for the battle type and map name parameters to a vulnerable client, a remote attacker, in control of a malicious game server, could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
For Purge Jihad 2.0.1 and earlier:
Upgrade to the latest version of Jihad (2.0.2 or later), available from the Purge Web site. See References.
- Purge Web site: Purge Jihad 2.0.2 Build Notes.
- Zone-h Security Advisory 02/16/2004: Broadcast client buffer-overflow in Purge Jihad <= 2.0.1.
- BID-9671: Freeform Interactive Purge/Purge Jihad Game Client Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0290: Buffer overflow in Purge Jihad 2.0.1 and earlier allows remote game servers to execute arbitrary code via an information packet that contains large (1) battle type and (2) map name fields.
- OSVDB ID: 3982: Purge Jihad Client Information Packet Overflow
- Freeform Interactive Purge 1.4.7 and prior
- Freeform Interactive Purge Jihad 2.0.1 and prior
Feb 16, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this