Xlight ftp RETR denial of service
|xlight-retr-dos (15220)||Medium Risk|
Xlight ftp server is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote authenticated attacker could issue a long RETR command to the server to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Feb 15 2004 - 06:51:45 CST : Xlight ftp server 1.52 RETR bug.
- BID-9627: XLight FTP Server Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- BID-9668: XLight FTP Server Remote Send File Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0287: Xlight FTP server 1.52 allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (crash) via a RETR command with a long argument containing a large number of / (slash) characters, possibly triggering a buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 6722: Xlight FTP Server RETR Command Remote Overflow
- Xlight FTP server Xlight FTP server 1.52
Feb 15, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this