Robot FTP Server username buffer overflow
|robot-username-bo (15225)||High Risk|
Robot FTP Server is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By supplying a long username during login, a remote attacker could overflow the buffer to cause the server to crash, and possibly execute arbitrary code on the server.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Feb 15 2004 - 06:39:39 CST: buffer overflow in Robot FTP Server.
- Robot FTP Server Web site: Automated File transfer and website management, FTP client and FTP server.
- BID-9672: RobotFTP Server Username Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0286: Buffer overflow in RobotFTP 1.0 and 2.0 beta 1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long username.
- OSVDB ID: 3972: RobotFTP Server Long Username Remote Overflow
- Robo-FTP Robot FTP Server 1.0
- Robo-FTP Robot FTP Server 2.0 beta 1
Feb 15, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this