Sami HTTP Server HTTP GET request buffer overflow
|sami-http-get-bo (15237)||High Risk|
Sami HTTP Server is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP GET request containing more than 4096 bytes, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer to cause the server to crash, and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 17 2004 - 00:41:49 CST : KarjaSoft Sami HTTP Server 1.0.4 Buffer Overflow.
- SP Research Labs Advisory x10: KarjaSoft Sami HTTP Server 1.0.4 Buffer Overflow.
- BID-9679: KarjaSoft Sami HTTP Server GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0292: Buffer overflow in KarjaSoft Sami HTTP Server 1.0.4 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 3970: Sami HTTP Server GET Request Remote Overflow
- KarjaSoft Sami HTTP Server 1.0.4
Feb 17, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this