APC`s Web/SNMP Management SmartSlot Card default password
|apc-smartslot-default-password (15238)||Medium Risk|
American Power Conversion's Web/SNMP Management SmartSlot Card AP9606 AOS ships with a default password. A local attacker or a remote attacker, with the ability to establish a Telnet connection to the device, could supply an arbitrary username and the default password "TENmanUFactOryPOWER" to gain unauthorized access to the affected device and obtain other user's account information in plain text.
Upgrade to the latest firmware (3.2.6.b or later), available from the American Power Conversion Corp. Web site. See References.
- American Power Conversion Corp. Web site: APC Software Downloads.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 16 2004 - 05:24:32 CST : APC 9606 SmartSlot Web/SNMP management card "backdoor".
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 18 2004 - 17:08:11 CST: Re: APC 9606 SmartSlot Web/SNMP management card "backdoor".
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 18 2004 - 18:16:48 CST: APC Security Advisory - Static factory password vulnerability.
- BID-9681: APC SmartSlot Web/SNMP Management Card Default Password Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0311: American Power Conversion (APC) Web/SNMP Management SmartSlot Card 3.0 through 3.0.3 and 3.21 are shipped with a default password of TENmanUFactOryPOWER, which allows remote attackers to gain unauthorized access.
- OSVDB ID: 3985: APC SmartSlot Web/SNMP Management Card Default Password
- APC Web SNMP Management Card 9606 Firmware 3.0
- APC Web SNMP Management Card 9606 Firmware 3.0.1
- APC Web SNMP Management Card 9606 Firmware 3.0.3
- APC Web SNMP Management Card 9606 Firmware 3.2.1
Feb 16, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this