Broker FTP Server denial of service
|broker-ftp-dos (15241)||Medium Risk|
Broker FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service. By establishing a connection and then immediately terminating the connection to the server listening on TCP port 8701, a remote attacker could cause an exception in the TsFtpSrv.exe program.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, Windows NT focus 2 Oct 2004: Broker FTP DoS (Message Server).
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:48:50 CST : Broker FTP DoS (Message Server).
- BID-9680: TransSoft Broker FTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0296: TsFtpSrv.exe in Broker FTP 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to cause a TsFtpSrv.exe to exit with an exception by opening and immediately closing a connection.
- OSVDB ID: 6934: Broker FTP TsFtpSrv.exe Quick Connection Close DoS
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- TransSoft Broker FTP Server 188.8.131.52
Feb 17, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this