Broker FTP Server TsFtpSrv.exe denial of service
|broker-ftp-tsftpsrv-dos (15242)||Medium Risk|
Broker FTP Server vulnerable to a denial of service. By establishing a connection to the server listening on TCP port 8701 and keeping the connection open while not sending requests, a remote attacker could cause the TsFtpSrv.exe program to consume 100% of the available CPU resources.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, Windows NT focus 2 Oct 2004: Broker FTP DoS (Message Server).
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:48:50 CST : Broker FTP DoS (Message Server).
- BID-9680: TransSoft Broker FTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0295: TsFtpSrv.exe in Broker FTP 188.8.131.52 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via an open idle connection.
- OSVDB ID: 3983: Broker FTP TsFtpSrv.exe Idle Connection Consumption DoS
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- TransSoft Broker FTP Server 184.108.40.206
Feb 17, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this