Small ftpd forward slash in request denial of service
|smallftpd-forwardslash-dos (15262)||Medium Risk|
Small ftpd is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker, who is authenticated, can send multiple specially-crafted requests containing forward slashes (/) to the server to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 17 2004 - 16:41:19 CST : Smallftpd 1.0.3 DoS.
- Small ftpd Web site: smallftpd = a simple, small and free ftp server for ms windows.
- BID-9684: SmallFTPD Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0299: Buffer overflow in smallftpd 0.99 allows local users to cause a denial of service (crash) via an FTP request with a large number of / (slash) characters.
- OSVDB ID: 4001: smallftpd Crafted RETR Command Remote Overflow DoS
- Small ftpd Small ftpd 0.99
Feb 18, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this