XFree86 GLX integer signedness denial of service
|xfree86-glx-integer-dos (15273)||Medium Risk|
XFree86 is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by integer signedness errors. By using the GLX extension and Direct Rendering Infrastructure, a local or remote attacker could cause the X Server to crash, and possibly gain root privileges on the system.
Denial of Service
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest xfree86 package (4.1.0-16woody3 or later), as listed in DSA-443-1. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Upgrade to the latest XFree86 package, as listed below. Refer to RHSA-2004:152-04 for more information. See References.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 2.1), ES (v. 2.1), WS (v. 2.1), and Red Hat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1 for the Itanium Processor: 4.1.0-58 or later
For Mandrake Linux:
Upgrade to the latest squid package as listed below. Refer to MandrakeSoft Security Advisory MDKSA-2005:014 for more information. See References.
Mandrake Linux 9.2: 2.5.STABLE3-3.5.92mdk or later
Mandrake Linux 10.0: 2.5.STABLE4-2.3.100mdk or later
Mandrake Linux 10.1: 2.5.STABLE6-2.2.101mdk or later
Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1: 2.4.STABLE7-2.3.C21mdk or later
Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0: 2.5.STABLE4-2.3.C30mdk or later
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- BID-9701: XFree86 Direct Rendering Infrastructure Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0094: Integer signedness errors in XFree86 4.1.0 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code when using the GLX extension and Direct Rendering Infrastructure (DRI).
- DSA-443: xfree86 -- several vulnerabilities
- RHSA-2004-152: XFree86 security update
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 10.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 10.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.2
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 AW
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 WS
- RedHat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1 Itanium
- XFree86 XFree86
Feb 19, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this