PhpNewsManager "dot dot" directory traversal
|phpnewsmanager-dotdot-directory-traversal (15283)||Medium Risk|
PhpNewsManager could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to the functions.php script containing "dot dot" (/../) sequences to traverse directories and view any file on the Web server.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Zone-h Security Advisory ZH2004-09SA: PhpNewsManager Remote arbitrary files retrieving.
- BID-9720: phpNewsManager Functions Script File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0327: Directory traversal vulnerability in functions.php in PhpNewsManager 1.46 allows remote attackers to retrieve arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences in the clang parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 4026: phpNewsManager functions.php clang Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Skintech PhpNewsManager 1.46
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this