Avirt SOHO multiple buffer overflows
|avirt-soho-multiple-bo (15286)||Low Risk|
Avirt SOHO is vulnerable to multiple buffer overflows. A remote attacker can connect to TCP port 1080 and send a long string or connect to port 8080 and send a GET request followed by a long string of multiple percent characters (%) to cause the program to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Avirt Web site: Avirt - Internet Connection Sharing/Proxy Server, Mail Server, Firewall, and H.323 Software.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 23 2004 - 03:08:51 CST : Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow in Avirt Soho 4.3.
- BID-9722: Avirt Soho Server HTTP GET Buffer Overrun Vulnerability
- BID-9723: Avirt Soho Web Service HTTP GET Buffer Overrun Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0316: Buffer overflow in Avirt Soho 4.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via (1) a large GET request to port 1080 or (2) a large GET request of % characters to port 8080.
- OSVDB ID: 6806: Avirt Soho Port 8080 Long Crafted GET Request DoS
- Inari Avirt SOHO 4.3
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this