XMB multiple scripts allow cross-site scripting
|xmb-multiple-scripts-xss (15292)||Medium Risk|
Extreme Message Board (XMB) Forum is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could embed malicious script in certain parameters in multiple scripts, including the forumdisplay.php script, the member.php script, the u2uadmin.php script or the editprofile.php script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of XMB (1.8 Final SP3 or later), available from the XMB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:47:37 CST : Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 25 2004 - 13:20:09 CST: Re: [waraxe-2004-SA#004] - Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- XMB Web site: Welcome to the XMB Forum Website : Download XMB :.
- BID-9726: XMB Forum Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0322: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Final SP2 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary script as other users via the (1) member parameter in member.php, (2) uid parameter in u2uadmin.php, (3) user parameter in editprofile.php, (4) an onmouseover event in an align tag when bbcode is allowed, or (5) img tag where bbcode is allowed.
- OSVDB ID: 4041: XMB forumdisplay.php foobar XSS
- OSVDB ID: 4042: XMB member.php member XSS
- OSVDB ID: 4043: XMB u2uadmin.php uid XSS
- OSVDB ID: 4044: XMB editprofile.php user XSS
- OSVDB ID: 4045: XMB BBcode align Tag XSS
- OSVDB ID: 4047: XMB misc.php desc Parameter SQL Injection
- Aventure Media United Kingdom XMB 1.8 SP2
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this