XMB embed script within BBCode image or align tags allows execution of code
|xmb-bbcode-execute-code (15294)||High Risk|
Extreme Message Board (XMB) Forum could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. A remote attacker could embed malicious script in a forum message within BBCode image tags by using the onmouseover parameter or within BBCode align tags by inserting arbitrary code followed by ://gif, which would be executed within a victim's Web browser, once the message is viewed.
Upgrade to the latest version of XMB (1.8 Final SP3 or later), available from the XMB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:47:37 CST : Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 25 2004 - 13:20:09 CST: Re: [waraxe-2004-SA#004] - Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- XMB Web site: Welcome to the XMB Forum Website : Download XMB :.
- BID-9726: XMB Forum Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- Aventure Media United Kingdom XMB 1.8 SP2
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this