XMB multiple scripts allow SQL injection
|xmb-multiple-sql-injection (15295)||High Risk|
Extreme Message Board (XMB) Forum is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could insert arbitrary SQL code in a variable in a request to multiple scripts, including the viewthread.php script, the misc.php script, the forumdisplay.php script, or the stats.php script, which could allow the attacker obtain sensitive information, including the super administrator's username and MD5 password hash, allowing the attacker to add, modify or delete data in the backend database.
Upgrade to the latest version of XMB (1.8 Final SP3 or later), available from the XMB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:47:37 CST : Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 25 2004 - 13:20:09 CST: Re: [waraxe-2004-SA#004] - Multiple vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP2.
- XMB Web site: Welcome to the XMB Forum Website : Download XMB :.
- BID-9726: XMB Forum Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0323: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in XMB 1.8 Final SP2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary SQL and gain privileges via the (1) ppp parameter in viewthread.php, (2) desc parameter in misc.php, (3) tpp parameter in forumdisplay.php, (4) ascdesc parameter in forumdisplay.php, or (5) the addon parameter in stats.php. NOTE: it has also been shown that item (3) is also in XMB 1.9 beta.
- OSVDB ID: 4046: XMB viewthread.php ppp SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 4048: XMB forumdisplay.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 4049: XMB stats.php SQL Injection
- Aventure Media United Kingdom XMB 1.8 SP2
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this