TYPSoft FTP Server FTP commands denial of service
|typsoft-ftp-command-dos (15306)||Medium Risk|
TYPSoft FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker can issue a specially-crafted FTP command (MKD, XMKD, DELE, SIZE, RETR, STOR, APPE, RNFR, RNTO, RMD, XRMD) followed by '//../qwerty' to the server to consume all available CPU resources.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 23 2004 - 16:45:01 CST : TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10 multiple vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tues Feb 24 2004 - 18:57:53 CST: Remote server crash in Haegemonia <= 1.07.
- BID-9702: TYPSoft FTP Server Remote CPU Consumption Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- BID-9736: Digital Reality Game Engine Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0325: TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10 allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via //../ arguments to (1) mkd, (2) xmkd, (3) dele, (4) size, (5) retr, (6) stor, (7) appe, (8) rnfr, (9) rnto, (10) rmd, or (11) xrmd, as demonstrated using //../qwerty.
- OSVDB ID: 4058: TYPSoft FTP Server Invalid Path Request DoS
- TYPSoft TYPSoft FTP Server 1.10
Feb 23, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this