FreeChat string denial of service
|freechat-string-dos (15321)||Medium Risk|
FreeChat is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted string to the chat server to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 26 2004 - 02:11:11 CST: Denial Of Service in FreeChat 1.1.1a.
- FreeChat Web page: SourceForge.net: Project Info - FreeChat.
- BID-9744: FreeChat Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0329: FreeChat 1.1.1a allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via certain unexpected strings, as demonstrated using aaaaa.
- OSVDB ID: 6930: FreeChat Crafted String DoS
- FreeChat FreeChat 1.1.1a
Feb 26, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this