WFTPD Pro Server and Server FTP commands buffer overflow
|wftpd-ftp-commands-bo (15340)||High Risk|
WFTPD Pro Server and WFTPD Server is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. An authenticated remote user could send a specially-crafted LIST, NLST or STAT command to the server to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of WFTDP (version 3.25 or later) available from the Texas Imperial Software Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Feb 28 2004 - 15:52:33 CST: Critical WFTPD buffer overflow vulnerability.
- Texas Imperial Software Web site: Downloads.
- BID-9767: Multiple WFTPD Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0340: Stack-based buffer overflow in WFTPD Pro Server 3.21 Release 1, Pro Server 3.20 Release 2, Server 3.21 Release 1, and Server 3.10 allows local users to execute arbitrary code via long (1) LIST, (2) NLST, or (3) STAT commands.
- OSVDB ID: 14763: Windows NT FTP Server (WFTP) Pro Server Multiple Command Local Overflow
- SA11001: WFTPD Server/Pro Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Texas Imperial Software WFTPD Pro Server 3.20 R2
- Texas Imperial Software WFTPD Pro Server 3.21 R1
- Texas Imperial Software WFTPD Server 3.10 R1
- Texas Imperial Software WFTPD Server 3.21 R1
Feb 28, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this