Anubis IDENT buffer overflow
|anubis-ident-bo (15345)||High Risk|
Anubis is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking in the IDENT protocol support. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply the latest patch for Anubis, available from the GNU Anubis Project Web site. See References.
- bug-anubis Mailing List, Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:01:49 +0200: Important security update.
- GNU Anubis Project Web page: Anubis.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu Mar 04 2004 - 14:18:30 CST: GNU Anubis buffer overflows and format string bugs.
- BID-9772: GNU Anubis Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Format String Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0353: Multiple buffer overflows in auth_ident() function in auth.c for GNU Anubis 3.6.0 through 3.6.2, 3.9.92 and 3.9.93 allow remote attackers to gain privileges via a long string.
- OSVDB ID: 6732: GNU Anubis auth.c auth_ident() Function Overflow
- GNU Anubis 3.6.2
- GNU Anubis 3.9.93
Mar 01, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this