Red Faction buffer overflow
|redfaction-bo (15353)||High Risk|
Red Faction is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By creating a specially-crafted reply packet containing 260 or more characters, a remote attacker, in control of a malicious game server, could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 01 2004 - 09:11:18 CST : Clients broadcast buffer overflow in Red Faction <= 1.20.
- BID-9775: Volition Red Faction Game Client Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0345: Buffer overflow in Red Faction client 1.20 and earlier allows remote servers to execute arbitrary code via a long server name.
- OSVDB ID: 4105: THQ Red Faction Server Reply Overflow
- Volition Red Faction 1.2 and prior
Mar 01, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this