GWeb HTTP Server directory traversal
|gweb-dotdot-directory-traversal (15381)||Medium Risk|
GWeb HTTP Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL containing "dot dot" (/../) sequences to traverse directories and view arbitrary files outside of the Web root directory.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Mar 03 2004 - 06:42:13 CST : directory traversal in GWeb 0.6.
- Gallagher & Robertson Webpage: Project details for Gweb.
- BID-9742: GWeb HTTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0349: Directory traversal vulnerability in GWeb HTTP Server 0.6 allows remote attackers to view arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the URL.
- OSVDB ID: 4136: GWeb HTTP Server Arbitrary File Access
- GWeb HTTP Server GWeb HTTP Server 0.6
Mar 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this