SLMail Pro Supervisor Report Center stack-based buffer overflow
|slmail-src-stack-bo (15398)||High Risk|
SLMail Pro is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow in the webcontainer.exe image file of the Supervisor Report Center Web server. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted long HTTP sub-version (HTTP/1.x) request to TCP port 801 to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the server.
Apply the latest patch for SLMail Pro (2.0.14 or later), available from the Seattle Lab Web site. See References.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR05022004a: SLMail Pro Supervisor Report Center Buffer Overflow.
- Seattle Lab Web site: Seattle Lab develops secure email servers, anti-virus, anti-spam, and telnet software..
- BID-9809: Seattle Lab Software SLMail Pro Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0356: Stack-based buffer overflow in Supervisor Report Center in SL Mail Pro 2.0.9 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via an HTTP request with a long HTTP sub-version.
- OSVDB ID: 4146: SLMail Pro Supervisor Report Center HTTP Request Handling Overflow
- SeattleLab SLMail 2.0.9 and prior Pro
Mar 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this